General Dynamics is pleased to announce the immediate availability of a new, state-of-the-art SCPC satellite modem: the Model 8550.
Ed Mick, Sales Manager for General Dynamics' Longview, Texas facility, said, "The 8550 represents a true breakthrough in satellite modem technology, possessing the ability to achieve effective bidirectional data rates from 100kbps up to 850Mbps! Fully DVB-S2 compliant, the 8550 also features proprietary "NS3" coding. With NS3, frequency "roll off" can be reduced to as little as 5%, compared to 20% with other SCPC modems. This dramatic performance improvement translates directly to better spectral efficiency and reduced operating costs."
The 8550's "Duet" echo cancellation option allows transmission in both directions in the same bandwidth - providing even greater operating efficiency. And the unit's Adaptive Coding Modulation (ACM) and Automatic Uplink Power Control (AUPC) options maximize data throughput regardless of actual link conditions.
"When you look at the 8550's full range of capabilities, it becomes immediately clear that there isn't a comparable product in the market," Mick added.
Following is a partial list of the Model 8550's features - all contained in a space-saving, 1RU package:
- Data rates to 850Mbps (bidirectional 425 Mbps) and symbol rates to 80M symbols/second
- NS3 coding with frequency "roll off" as little as 5%
- Fully integrated IP solution with routing, switching and bridging capabilities
- DVB-S2, DSNG compliant
- Adaptive Coding Modulation (ACM) and Dynamic Automatic Uplink Power Control features for superior bandwidth optimization
- Dynamic Distortion Compensator (DDC) automatically characterizes and compensates for non-linearity, such as that introduced when the transponder power amplifier is saturated
- Jamming, Phase Noise, Weather Fluctuation, Doppler and interference resilience
- Supports QPSK, 8PSK, 16APSK, 32APSK and 64APSK modulations
- Control via web browser or SNMP
- Over-the-air M&C and Software upgrade capability
Other options include Extended L-Band capability, integrated BUC feeder and E1/T1-G.703 interface for cellular backhaul applications.
The Model 8550 data sheet with a complete list of features, benefits and specifications is available online at http://www.gdsatcom.com/modems_m8550.php
"The 8550's potent combination of throughput and bandwidth optimization makes it the ideal choice for network operators, enterprise users and service providers in point-to-point and point-to-multipoint applications," Mick said.
To obtain a quote or arrange for a demonstration, contact Ed Mick, Sales Manager at 903-295-1480 or via email at Edward.Mick@gdsatcom.com
For more information on General Dynamics SATCOM Technologies, contact Jimene Conn, at +770-689-2052 or via e-mail at Jimene.Conn@gdsatcom.com.
General Dynamics SATCOM Technologies offers a family of satellite and wireless communications products and services. Visit our web site at http://www.gdsatcom.com.
General Dynamics SATCOM Technologies 4825 River Green Parkway, Duluth, Georgia 30096
contains certain forward-looking statements that are based on
management's expectations, estimates, projections and assumptions.
Words such as "expects," "anticipates," "plans," "believes,"
"estimates" and variations of these words and similar expressions are
intended to identify forward-looking statements. Forward-looking
statements are made pursuant to the safe harbor provisions of the
Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995, as amended. Actual
future results and trends may differ materially from what is forecast
in forward-looking statements.